|Hand Print Wall Clock|
|Installed clock over french doors (for perspective).|
Here's a fun project to do with the kiddo's that parents, grandparents, and friends alike will all appreciate. My sister and I made this for my parents. Between the two of us, we have six boys... the perfect number of hand prints for a clock. We made this at my dining room table last Christmas (STUPID but fun! I still have red paint on the chair seats!). It's hanging right in the center of our parents great room for all to see when they come in the front door:) It forever immortalizes the boys at young ages (all were under 9 at the time).
This is an easy project with huge impact! Simply go to your craft supply & hardware store and get the following:
- Acrylic paints in the color (colors) that would go with your decor,
- 12 flat pre-primed canvas art boards/panels - mine were 9"x12",
- Large paint sponge or brush,
- Wall clock kit (mine came from Hobby Lobby, had Roman numeral adhesive numbers to attach directly to the wall and a clock mechanism that did the same) - approximately $30.00,
- Optional - large thin sheet of plywood/particle board cut down to a square.
Paint the panels to whatever color you like or leave it plain white as I did.
Drill four screw holes...one in each corner and mount to wall into studs or with solid wall anchors.
Stand back and admire. Enjoy the compliments that will surely follow.
And in closing, here's beautiful sunset picture I took a couple of years back at Jekyll Island, GA. Makes me relax just looking at it. Have a great weekend!
B.E. Interiors Photography