Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Delay and a Neat Low Country Home

Alright, you wonderful readers. You guys are just the most patient readers, right? Please say yes. I have a reveal for you, but a little problem with getting the picture. I finished it up tonight, but can't seem to get a good "After" shot with the available lighting. This is one of the downsides to having a mid-line camera. Mine shoots fantastic outdoors, but it's nearly impossible to get a good one indoors after dark. It obviously has an issue. So, I'm going to wait to post the reveal until tomorrow when I can get better lighting. Because you all are SO patient, I may even have two more to show as well! Then again, I may just spread them out to tease you...'cause I'm mean like that (wink, wink).

In the meantime, guess what I get to do tomorrow morning?! It's my fabric shopping day!!! I am like a kid before Christmas the day before. I'll be up and at the doors when they open (with all three kids). Maybe I'll hit the jackpot. It's always a hit or miss. I'm due a big score, so maybe God will be good to me:)

To appease you, I've got another low country style home to show you. It was designed by the same architect firm that I've featured before, Frederick and Frederick. The layout is really open and airy, although darker woods are used. I've mentioned this before, but when you live where it's beastly hot nine out of twelve months of the year, those dark rooms become more appealing because they are a respite from the sun and heat. That's something I didn't fully understand until I lived there. My guess... is you want light and sunny when you live where it's cold (i.e. Scandinavian design), and a break from the sun when you feel like you're frying every time it hits your skin. Regardless, I still love light an airy and the hot climate!

Welcome to the Lowcountry River House.
This is just a nice, cozy, unassuming and comfortable home. I like that when you walk in, it's not the old house it appears to be and it takes you by surprise.

Metal roofs are fantastic...especially when it rains (which it does a lot of on the coast).


This is the biggest I could get this shot of the screened in porch from the outside.

Oh, to take a nap or read a good book out here in a hammock!



How great is this plank flooring? I really like this entry area.
This maybe just a little too rustic for me. I could definitely do without the bear head and hide on my floor! But, that tub!

The floor plan is pretty much all one open space for the main living areas.
Not what you'd expect when you walked into such an old looking home.

Although it's a little dark, the open rafters, double-sided fireplace and dormer/skylights create such an openness.


Check out the galvanized deep sink! That MIGHT just hold an afternoon worth of dirty dishes around here.

There's a little eye candy for you. Tomorrow you'll get to see my newest finished piece, I promise!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I could move right in and move the bear rug right out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous home !! The plank flooring is amazing, but, admittedly, the bear head in the bathroom ... um, not so much !! I wonder how many times it'd get tripped over when visiting the restroom in the middle of the night. LOL Now, please hurry up with your reveal !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! I had a feeling most of you all would agree that the bear needed to hibernate! If it was in my floor, I'd be the first human ever bitten by a dead bear...trust me. My foot would be in that mouth ever time I turned around. Just call me "Grace"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the house. I've come to love the open floor plans that I thought I wouldn't like. Nothing like the high ceilings and spacious feeling it creates! IF...I ever get to build my current dream house, it has all high ceilings, mixture of the country/southern styling with dormers that open up high for skylight effect and a large wrap around porch that like this one, part of would be screened. Yes, give me the ceiling fans, a hammock and a good book or light throw and I'd be in hog heaven. HA!

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s very easy to find out any matter on net as
    compared to textbooks, as I found this paragraph
    at this web page.

    Also visit my website: what is going green

    ReplyDelete
  6. Αfter I initіallу commented Ι seem to have clicκeԁ thе -Νotіfy me
    when new cοmmеnts arе addeԁ- chеckbοх and from noω on
    every time a сomment іѕ adԁеԁ
    I гeceiνе four emaіls ωith the
    same commеnt. Pегhаρs
    therе іs an еаsу mеthoԁ yοu аre able tο rеmove mе from thаt ѕerνiсe?
    Thankѕ а lοt!

    Hеre is my blοg: low back pain treatment with pilates

    ReplyDelete
  7. Нola! I’ve been folloωing
    youг web ѕite for а while now and finаlly got the
    braveгу to go aheаd and give you a shout out fгom
    Ηumble Tx!
    Juѕt wаnted to tеll уou keеp uр the excеllent job!


    Look at my homepagе organic potting soil

    ReplyDelete

One of the highlights of each day is hearing from my readers!

Follow Me on Pinterest