Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Group 3 Design

Ready for some eye candy? I know I am. Considering how chaotic our lives have been the last few weeks, slipping into dream world via some beautiful home pictures sounds like exactly what the doctor would order for me:) Want to go along? If so, keep reading and see what I've dug up this time!

Previously, I shared a few pictures from a home featured in the June 2011 edition of Southern Living from the article titled "7 Ways to Make a New (Old)  House". It's a new construction house on Daufuskie Island off of the South Carolina coast between Savannah and Hilton Head built in class Lowcountry vernacular style. It is pretty much my dream home. I decided to check out Group 3 Design - the architect firm of Rick Clanton who designed it - and found some beautiful homes to share with you. To start off, I'll show you the house featured in Southern Living. These first pictures are from the website:

Does this front porch not just scream "Welcome"?

I love some Spanish Moss, live oaks and a screened in porch!

Happy and Sunny.

I am in love with the two story kitchen and all the windows! Notice how the architect's shots of the kitchen shows more of the interior architecture versus the decor.

I'd love to have one of those deep farmhouse sinks.

Casual and relaxed.

Great details - including lighting and pull down window screens or hurricane shutters (?).

Nothing beats a great front porch and this one is near perfect!
Great idea to put a window to the breakfast area instead of a standard pass-through.
The following shots are via Southern Living and were featured in the magazine:


Lots of wood balanced with light watery tones.

One of my inspirations for blue ceilings. 

Nothing pretentious here! Just relaxing.

Somehow my screened in porch will "transform" into something like this...one day!


I can't just leave it at one house. Want to see one more? Of course you do! All the following images are via Group 3 Design's website :

How pretty is this?!

Lots of character.



How great to be just steps from the beach (sigh)!

Another great porch.

I would be here every chance I got with a good book or magazine!


These floors are just perfection...especially with all that natural light!

Great use of whites with wood tones and golds.

This wainscoting around the tub is just magnificent!

There were so many beautiful homes at Group 3 Design , that I'm going to use them as a posting series to help carry me over to the end of soccer season. I'm thinking there will be maybe two more posts from here. So, get ready to sit back with a good cup of coffee or tea and do a little day dreaming soon!


7 comments:

  1. I'm trying to find those huge gas/ lecturing lights in the kitchen pics. They sure are hard to find. I'm adding a two story kitchen/ den combo to my colinial home and they would be perfect. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolabuy Balenciaga replica nappy bags Going Here replica bags and watches best replica designer bags replica prada nylon bags

    ReplyDelete
  3. replica bags cheap gucci replica o1v46i0m30 replica bags india replica bags toronto replica hermes j5n32m4y19 replica bags bangkok replica bags aaa quality dig this x0w83m3j23 replica bags from turkey

    ReplyDelete
  4. this link e6q01m9i75 high end replica bags 7a replica bags replica bags philippines wholesale important site g5u25t3n38 7a replica bags wholesale replica bags online uae replica gucci bag l3z30l9w01 replica bags lv

    ReplyDelete

One of the highlights of each day is hearing from my readers!

Follow Me on Pinterest