Monday, September 12, 2011

What inspires you? Weekly Inspiration #1

What inspires you? Is it a feeling? A textile? Color? Music? A painting? The options are endless. For me, most of the time, it's nature. I look around me and just marvel at the vast array of colors, textures and the way they are combined in glorious arrangements.

Have you ever just taken the time to look at what surrounds you outside the home? There seems to be a general sense that the outdoors are all neutral colors, but if you really look, there is a plethora of vibrancy out there as well as neutrals! That's what makes it so relaxing. There's a perfect balance between extremes. God is such an amazing artist!

I want to start taking you on a little inspirational journey each week. I'm thinking Monday would be a great day for some inspiration as most of us are trying to get back into the grind after our weekend off. We need a little "pick-me-up" to get us going. I'll be sharing one of my photos each week and then doing a Pinterest board with room decor options the photo inspired. The sky's the limit. This is just to get you going. Keep on pinning and make it your own.

Today, I'm inspired by this picture that I've shared before:

"Clover"
B.E. Interiors Photography
I love this picture! It has such great color variations and texture in the clover flower...makes me think of a tween girls bedroom, a pretty, feminine "lady's retreat" such as a dressing room or bachlorette's bedroom, or if you have a man who's really secure in his "manhood" a gorgeous inspiration piece for a dining room design!

I decided to take it in the feminine bedroom design idea with my pin board, titled "Inspiration #1". This picture just takes me in the glamorous direction and I went all out on the pretty stuff! I have to occasionally indulge that side of me as I get to do it little around here with all the testosterone that is floating around my house! I haven't figured out if you can export a board to your blog yet, so I just copied and pasted the items. To see the board, click here.

Illusion Urbane Plum Pillow Pair   $138.00 Clear Star Chandelier   $185.00Cary Chest Silver Mirrored 3-Drawer Chest   $1,155.00  Pink Ghost Chair Serena and Lily Fabric by the Yard Grass Trellis $40Jamie Young Lighting Lamp Base Medium Plum Jar Celadon Seeded Glass   $230.00
Plum Linen Pillow with Twill Tape $163 Annette Tatum Fabric by the Yard Classic Stripe Sorbet $38Serena and Lily Fabric by the Yard Sprout Linen $40.00 Cottage Style Furniture Collection Isabella Bed   $2,365.00  Aidan Gray Furniture Portia Chair in Dark Linen   $1,373.00Serena and Lily Fabric by the Yard Diamond Leaf $50.00Layla Grayce Woodbury Bed   $1,948.00Eloquence Petite Bordeaux Commode   $1,700.00BENJAMIN MOORE HANCOCK GREEN HC-117Annette Tatum Fabric by the Yard Coco PeonySignatures Hampton Drum Server French Grey   $899.00pink glass knobsSerena and Lily Fabric by the Yard Diamond Matelasse White $40.00flokati rugSHERWIN-WILLIAMS DOVER WHITE SW6385
 Oly Studio Petite Bird Armchair for Kids

Now you see where my imagination takes me and have a peek into how nature just gets my wheels cranking. It's the oil for my engine:)  If you haven't joined Pinterest, you really should check it out. It takes care of all those little folders you have clipped images saved into!

I've just recently joined up and someone better hold me down! I'll be a pinning fool in a matter of days:) Follow along to see what I like by clicking the side bar button (that I can't seem to get added! Keeps saying "URL contains illegal character"? Anyone got an suggestions what to do to make it work?)

So, there you go. Weekly Inspiration #1 with a lot more to come. Hope you enjoyed it!


linking to:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

One of the highlights of each day is hearing from my readers!

Follow Me on Pinterest