Friday, September 23, 2011

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I am so excited! Part of the reason I've been slow with posts lately is due to the fact that the computer set up here just wasn't working anymore. I couldn't get my old hunk of junk to work without crashing and hubby has been so slammed that when I tried to get on his, I got booted... with good reason. His computer time brings in a paycheck!

But something really good came to one who waited (albeit, rather impatiently)! Ready for this? I got a new computer out of it! Wha-hoo! I'm such a nerd. I haven't had a computer to myself that actually worked like it should since I quit work over 8 years ago. Words can't describe how excited I am to sit here typing on my MAC without fear of it crashing or getting booted off! Oh the things I want to show you now that I can actually access a fast up to speed Mac and all my software!!! You just wait. I am finding it's taking me just a little while to get back into using one and the wheels need a little oil for sure. But, give me just a little while and I'll be back up and running faster than ever:)

That said, I was transferring files to get the new computer set up, and found some of my old master bedroom in Charleston, SC I thought I would share with you. Now, remember....I like color, but even this was pushing the envelope for me. But, after I got the walls painted, I LOVED it! We lived there for almost three years and I never tired of it...amazingly. To be honest, it wasn't what I was going for, but I kind-of liked it... and decided to go for it with a heavy dose of white everywhere else to balance the intensity. Of course, I wasn't dealing with color all day like I am now so that might be why I never got tired of it. Anyway, want to see it?

This room just makes me happy to look at. Gotta be the color.

I loved the sunlight, even though view wasn't exciting. The drapery panels were working blackout lined, white linen panels with a sheer layer overlay that I made after touring this Southern Living home in Charleston (below). 

turquoise-master-bedroom-l.jpg
via Southern Living



There's a quickie sent from the new computer and a little trip down memory lane for me - in more ways than one. Man, I'm rusty, but I'm it's all coming back...S   L   O   W  L   Y!

Tomorrow I finally get to post my finished armoire - Furniture Refurbishing: Part II.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new Mac. I am from Charleston, and miss it everyday. The history, beautiful buildings and of course the beach! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bedroom. I remember visiting a friend of mine for the first time in her home here. She had moved from S.Carolina and her home was infused with yellow and color...and lots of white (much like your own) and I thought it was just beautiful. I always think of Southern homes as being bright and light-filled- Love it. Congrats on the new computer- I just got my own about 3 months ago- not a MAC though- couldn't quite let my son talk me into it. I didn't want the learning curve while I am still working- Have fun learning- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

One of the highlights of each day is hearing from my readers!

Follow Me on Pinterest