|My precious little gifts from above.|
Happy Belated Mother's Day! I had all the intentions in the world of having this posted yesterday and... well, it's here a day late. Hey, in my opinion every day should be Mother's Day! May this little greeting just top off your special day [yesterday].
This year has been a little different from the previous. I don't think I've ever been told Happy Mother's Day so many times by so many different (and unexpected) people before Mother's Day even got here! Know what, though? I'm LOVING it! Even the boys have showered me with constant sweet kisses and hugs, thoughtful "I love you's" at just the right time, and precious little things they've made all on their own. I don't know why the good Lord chose to bless me with such precious little gifts from above.
Yes, there are days when I feel like my brain is going to explode or I'm going to have a nervous breakdown trying to cope with three young boys, but then I remember how quickly the time has gone by since my first was born. My grandmother's voice runs through my head saying, "They'll be little for such a short time and you're going to miss it so much when it's gone." O.k. Now I'm tearing up just thinking about.
The Mother of a Small Boy Knows...
- A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house, 4 inches deep.
- A 3-year old boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
- When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh oh' , it's already too late.
- Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
- A six-year old boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.
- Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.
- Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.
- Super glue is forever. »
- No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
- Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
- Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
- Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
- You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.
- The fire department in Austin, Texas has a 5-minute response time.
- The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
- It will, however, make cats dizzy.
- Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
- 80% of men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.
May you have a wonderful, blessed Mother's Day!